About Railroad Gallery
Railroad Gallery is a site for Railroad Photographers to upload their best images to be shared across the web.
Our mission is to be able to provide a service for any railroad photographer through our juried processes. Beginners and novices
will be able to have a majority of their images accepted through our standard acceptance process, while professionals will enjoy our
Highlighted process where exemplary photographs are distinguished.
Image quality standards can also be found here.
What sets Railroad Gallery apart is the use of Merit Points. Merit Points reward active users who take time to view other photos and engage with other photographers. The three highest achiving photographers each week (with regards to Merit Points) will receive recognition as a Featured Photographer. In order to continuously upload the page, users are encouraged to meet and
interact with other photographers on this site. This includes
- Following other photographers (50 points)
- Favoriting other photographs (50 points)
- Commenting on photographs (100 points)
- Viewing photographs (10 points)
Each photograph submitted will 'cost' the user 200 points. These points have no cash value and cannot be purchased. To gain more, simply engage with the community.
Railroad Gallery distributes awards for the following categories
- Top Shot - When a photograph is shown on the front page carousel
- Photo of the Day - When a photograph receives the most favorites in one day.
- Photo of the Week -Chosen by administration
- Photo of the Month -Chosen by administration
- Highlighted Image -When a photograph is distinguised as Highlighted
The award is an electronic ribbon that is displayed next to an image or in the person's profile.
The cost to use Railroad Gallery is free to visitors and photographers.